Wednesday 5 June 2013

In the Beginning...


Most quilters will be aware of the term "UFO" - as in Un-Finished Object.

Go on, be honest, we all have a couple. Or a few. Can you count them on one hand? Or two?

 I recently discovered that not only did I need to take my shoes off to count my UFOs, I needed to borrow the hands of one of my children. I stopped counting after that! How did it get so out of control?

I have vowed and declared that from today I will start finishing things, and I may have been heard to mumble about not starting anything else until a large majority of UFOs are finished.  It's just that there are soooooo many awesome projects screaming my name right now!

In an effort to force myself to be disciplined and work only on projects I already have going, I am going to document my progress in this blog.  Of course, if I don't tell anyone it's here and no one reads it, then no one will know if I stray a little off course and start a new project....

One of the ladies in The Remnants (a Friday night social quilting group) is making "Home Sweet Home" by Barb Adams and Alma Allen.  She's making a beautiful job of her blocks, and doing them all by hand too.


I can just picture this done in brights.... houses with bright yellow spots, and blue flowers, green and orange striped roofs, pink curtains with red spots... you get the picture!  I even have a name for it already.... "Funky Town".

I may have to give up sleeping.




2 comments:

  1. Haven't seen 'Funky Town' for a while ;) how many boxes deep is that stored :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Row 12, Level 3, 6 boxes back. ;-)

    ReplyDelete