Tuesday 21 October 2014

The Madness Begins.... (a.k.a. The Beginning of Omigosh)

I couldn't resist.... last night I cleared a workable space in my sewing room, ignored the mountain of paperwork on my desk, set the kids to making dinner, and went to make a test block of the Omigosh quilt.  An hour or two later I decided that "Omigosh" is not an entirely accurate name.  A more appropriate one would be "Omigod WTF Was I Thinking!"


The pieces are small, no doubt about that - cutting 1" strips and making them into four patches results in very small blocks.


Adding the setting triangles doesn't really improve the size issues.

And then when you've made one little four patch with triangles, and you're sitting back feeling rather pleased with yourself and patting yourself on the back... reality jumps up and smacks you across the face - you gotta make MORE!!  Lots, lots more!


And that's just for the Churn Dash block - let's not even mention the nine patches which haven't been constructed yet!  How big are we making this quilt again?

Vickie

1 comment:

  1. Haha - not very. I think mine might end up a placemat........ that's if it even gets started ;)

    ReplyDelete