Tuesday 14 October 2014

UFO = Monkeys

This is a quilt that I struggled to finish because it was so not my style.  Fabrics were chosen to match my daughter’s room and she wanted big squares.  The piecing was done very quickly but then I struggled to get onto the next stage as it just felt like a waste of my quilting time, I had far more exciting things to do J.  

After much hassling from my daughter I decided I needed to get the monkey off my back.   She is very happy with it and it is lovely and warm and more importantly it is finished.



I am still plodding away on my ‘Afternoon Delight Quilt’ designed by Sue Garman.  Need 320 tiny nine patches made -  hmmm what was I thinking. 

Link to: Sue Garman's Blog 

Sue Garman's completed quilt "Afternoon Delight"


I really want to get the Christmas wall hanging and Christmas table runner finished and ticked of my UFO list by December (thats DECEMBER 2014!!! Just so I can’t say “I didn’t say which December“ ;-) )  so they will be my priority over the next 6 weeks.  Neither of them have much to be done so it shouldn’t be too demanding.  The wall hanging stalled because I struggled to come up with an idea for quilting the large moon so I will see how I go.

And just to keep me motivated...



Janelle Gattsche 

No comments:

Post a Comment